512 San Felipe St. (currently W. Dallas St.) – Houston TX (built 1890s; demolished late 1950s/early 1960s)
In 1897 brothers Franco and Nicholas Bonno opened the F. Bonno & Co. Macaroni Manufacturing Company at 512 San Felipe (now W. Dallas) St. Around 1900 they moved to a larger facility and change the name to Houston Macaroni Co. – Charles Lucia (aka Vincenzo Lucia), a fruit stand owner and salesman for Magnolia Brewery, opened his new company at their old factory naming it Magnolia Macaroni Manufacturing Company. Magnolia expanded but remained at the San Felipe/W. Dallas location until the early 1950s.
Advertisement from 1900:
All advertisements from Houston City Directories