5123 Bellaire Blvd. – Bellaire TX (built 1949-1950; design by William G. Farrington, Co.)
Ground was broken on the First State Bank of Bellaire in December, 1949 with the grand opening on July 3, 1950. It was established as a State Member Bank in July 1950 and over the years, the bank has been acquired and renamed several times. Shortly after it was built, an adjoining shopping center was constructed.
Much of the bank and shopping center still stands but has been heavily altered.
Current street view image:
Rendering from the September 8, 1949 issue of the Southwestern Times:
Photo from the June 22, 1950 issue of the Southwestern Times:
Photo from the June 29, 1950 issue of the Southwestern Times: