222 E. Main St. – Brenham TX (built 1873)
The text of the Texas Historical Marker reads:
Benjamin H. and Thomas J. Bassett opened their newly-created bank and located their law office in this building soon after its completion in 1876. Built with bricks manufactured by the local Wild & Co. Brickyard, the italianate structure housed the bank until it closed in 1884. An important Brenham landmark, the building features round arches and stucco hood moldings at door and window openings. The third story was added in the early 1900s.